Thursday, May 5, 2011

"poised on a moment...."


i tap a mental
toe and
wonder

when will this end...
or start.

when will I finally
realize the
healing,
find the job,
finish the renovation,
be inspired,
understand the message,
discover my
purpose,
see the fruition...

I am poised
perfectly on the
moment
but I'd like to
drop
into the pool,
puddle,
river,
stream...
of
whatever I am
supposed to
do,
be,
have,
understand....

soon.

but
what if
this is it..

what if this moment of
precise poise on
the edge of
a leaf,
a branch,
a canyon's rim,
a moment....

is the very "thing" of
beauty and wonder
I think I am
searching for...

what if hanigng from
the branch
for just a second
is exactly where
i need to
be
in order
for the photographer
to capture something so
lovely it
inspires
a poet to
consider her
place in
the world....

and how to be
content
while
poised on a
moment

No comments:

Post a Comment