Wednesday, May 4, 2011

"new every morning...."

what if
I could let go of
my story

what if I could just be
brand new today and not remember
all that human
history that,
I think,
makes me
who I
think I am

what if I understood my
wholeness
without the baggage of
process

the two plus two of
"I am like this...
because I went through
that...."

what if
I am compassionate,
forgiving, 
kind,
non-judgmental
because
it is who I am
not what
I have been made to be
by a history
that I think informed
my sentiments

what if I am
creative,
intelligent,
reflective,
inspired,
not because of the
world I have seen,
the books I have read,
or the
sounds I have heard...

what if I were to
forget it all
and
woke up tomorrow
as a me
who has no story,
no trajectory,
no destination...

to show up complete
without
the building
blocks of a linear
experience...

I am whole,
complete,
perfect....

just because...

that's the way He
makes me

new
every morning

brand new

a perfectly innocent,
freeborn
ageless
child
of
God...


*based on a question my husband asked himself this morning.

1 comment:

  1. wow, it must have been in the air
    ;-D..This morning I found myself impelled to think about this more deeply once again..thank you for sharing your thoughts with lovely poetry--as always. xo

    ReplyDelete