Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"the storm may roar...."


"the storm may roar without me,
my heart may low be laid,
but God is round about me,
and can I be dismayed..."
- Anna L. Waring

don't look at the clouds
lowering and
dark,
don't look at the
way the grass shifts and
begins to flatten in
the west...

look at Him
look at our Shepherd...
He knows the way...

He pauses only to turn
and urge us forward,
and for a moment He stands,
so still and calm, 
waiting for
us to follow Him...

"fear not, little flock..."

He is leading us to the
where the
there is shelter under
the ledge of
a rock,
beneath the shelf of
cliff face,
into the silent cave of
ceaseless
prayer...a stillness
His entire
posture
draws us towards.....

follow Him
face Him
let Him hold you
close, near...
infinitely near...
closer than
the sound of your own
breathing ,
closer than the beating of
your heart,
closer than the crash of
thunder,
the roar of the winds,
the sirens of
fear....

so near...so infintely
near...that His
peace be
still
is all that
echoes
in
your heart....

the divine lullaby
of a
calm and
wise
Shepherd....

"hmm, hmm, hmm
hmm,
hmm, hmm, hmmm....
oer' the hillside steep...

peace, be still
my children...
peace, be still..."


ah yes, I remember...
David,
the Psalmist
promised...

he leadeth me...

"

No comments:

Post a Comment