Thursday, March 31, 2011

"tears like a river..."

"Tears are a river that takes you somewhere…
Tears lift your boat off the rocks, off dry ground,
carrying it downriver to someplace better."

— Clarissa Pinkola Estés


Weep me forward...

I will cry until i
am blinded
by salt and
sorrow

if that is all it
takes to
move on from this
place
where clouds
lower, and
the thundering of
regret and
self cross-questioning
loom like an
ancient
Goliath spitting,
spewing,
taunting
diatribes of
"what if"

lift me over the jagged
rocks of
"what could I have
done differently,
better,
or not at all..."

carry me downstream
where
the water is
clearer and the
muck of confusion
does not cloud
today in
the purging of
the past.

cry me a river
rush through me,
with
Your healing, purifying,
cleansing
streams of  mercy
forgiveness
that twists, and winds, and rises,
and
falls, and carries me well
beyond the looking back..
the last bend,
the
retrospect of a backward
glance

spill me over
waterfalls of acceptance
where
the pounding,
insistent voice of God
repeats...and repeats:
I am that I AM...

I am
I am
I am

I am holy,
I am good,
I am sent by God into
this day.

Weep me forward,
cry me along,
spill me out...
a river of
tears

a river so pure it will
wash away the
sediment of
sorrow,
the strangling vines of self-doubt,
the roots of regret...

lift me above my
self,
away from the ego's
self-circling

lift me into His
arms where
I am
new...

then let me
eddy
in the
quiet
of His
reflection

willing,
ready,
paitently waiting
to
carry
someone
else
to the
banks of their
own
river...
where
the waters of
Meribah
flow from
within..

.

No comments:

Post a Comment