Tuesday, March 29, 2011

"behold, a new thing..."

"Behold, I will do a new thing;...
I will even make a way in the wilderness,
and rivers in the desert."

- Isaiah 43:19

A new thing...

not better...

just new. 

Did the wilderness have a purpose before it
had "a way"...

Was the desert not a useful place
for mounting an
exodus?

a new thing....

How often have I missed out
on the beauty of the
wilderness,
waiting for the way....

or not seen the
loveliness of a desert
while fretting over the absence
of a river....

A new thing...

not a better thing...just new.

To everything there
is a season
and a time for every purpose
under heaven....

is there a season for
the wilderness?

is there a time for enjoying the
desert before
it buds and blossoms
as the rose....

Does loneliness carve out a
space for
holding love more deeply

Does the arid ground
appreciate the river more than
a swamp?

Are my empty days
just as vital as
"the fullness thereof"

Is the silence just a prelude to the
song...or is it
the real reason for 
our singing...

"behold,
I will do a new thing..."

but I created
the old
thing
too...

both are good....

each according
to its
season...

for
a
holy
purpose....

a wilderness
for a
Messiah...

and

a river
for My
pleasures

No comments:

Post a Comment