Saturday, March 12, 2011

"Where do I begin..."

"I can only
handle
so much
devastation,"
she sighed
through
tears of
exasperated
grief.

"a hurricane
off some far away
uninhabited
coast

an empty trailer park
along tornado alley

natural disasters
with no
loss of life...

those I can pray about.

But how do I pray
about
cities swept to sea,
tens of thousands
of children
dying in Africa from
starvation

I can pray about
tribalism
annihilism
extremism...

i'm good at
isms

but a country teeming with
disease and fear,
cities full
of mothers without
clean  water for their babies,
nations
of children whose
future seems only as
promising as
a dictator's
mood swings...

this...sigh...
I don't know...
I just don't know...

"But my child,
it is all
the same,"
He
whispers from the
sanctuary of the
closet,
the silence of the
temple,
the stillness of a
mosque,
the quiet of
a chapel on the edge of
a mountain village...

It is all the
same
pointless
lie.

A lie that says I AM
absent.

But,
be still for
a moment...
do you feel that love
bursting,
singing,
weeping
in
your heart?

Did you create it?

Could you have ever even
begun
to figure out
how to create it?

No?

But it is there...yes?

Then it of Me.

I am the only One
who could be the
Cause and Creator of that
Love in your heart.

And if that love is there
at all,
then it is ALL there....
I am
all, and only all. 

And if I am at all
there...in your heart...
then I am all everywhere,
in everyone,
at all times. 

I am
only All-in-all. 
There
is no other measure of my
goodness
than Infinite,
All.

I,
the Lord,
am the "portion of
thine inheritance"
and the only portion of
Me,
is
All.

All-in-all.

Stay focused on these
"first, faint morning
beams"
the shining of my life in your
heart....even if it
feels like tears of
compassion.

keep your heart
trained,
transfixed,
keenly focused
on
each tiny,
pinprick,
each soft,
faint
point of light
that indicates
My
presence.

Do not let go of that
focus.

Do not be distracted.

Any indication of
my presence,
implies the All-presence
All-power,
All-knowing,
All-acting
of My goodness.

I am God.

I am Love.

I am All.

Start* here.
End here.

It is enough.

It is 
All
in
all...


*The starting point of divine Science is that God, Spirit, is All-in-all and there is no other might, nor Mind..."   - Mary Baker Eddy (Science and Health page 275)

1 comment:

  1. Piercing Through to MasteryMarch 12, 2011 at 7:22 PM

    Beautiful and made me think. PT

    ReplyDelete