Saturday, March 26, 2011

"I have seen thy tears..."

thus saith
the Lord, thy God,

"I have heard thy prayer,
I have seen
thy tears..."

You have seen my tears...
and hers,
and his,
and theirs?

You have heard our prayers?

What do they look like to
you?

What is the sound of a prayer
when it reaches your
heart of hearts...

Do my tears sparkle
with a glisten  of hope
are they
awash in longing,
a patina
worried
soft with dreaming,
and praying,
and wishing on a star..

Does my prayer have
a tone,
a pitch,
is there a harmony line
that
sings in
subtle
undercurrents,
a descant of
uncertainty

Does it keen with anguish
or sob silently into
the folds of my
Savior's
grave clothes?

What do prayers sound like
as they echo back
to reach the One who
sings them into our souls?

What is the temperature of a
tear falling on
the palm of
Him who wrings it from
the deep well of
Love within us
to cleanse and heal
our brokenness?

You have heard our prayers.

You have seen our tears.

Have you tasted our
heartbreak and
felt our joy,
caught the scent of our
fear and
followed us into the lair of
darkness with  a
ray of light?

To be known by You,
of You,
through You....

it is more than
I could
have
hoped

and yet,
it is
what
You
bring
to
touch
me
in the
sanctuary of
Your
Love
.

No comments:

Post a Comment