Saturday, September 19, 2020

"standing in the fire..."

 


stephen, 

joan of arc, 

shadrach, 

meshach, 

abednego, 

the form of the forth, 

me...


and you.  


here we stand

willing to know 

the gold

of our essential 

being


not

the vehicle

of a birth narrative, 

or the detritus

of human history

but

the simple Truth

that 

am... 


I am

that I am. 


this is all that

is left 

when I allow 

myself to stand 

in the fire 

of God's 

purifying love. 


God's love 

does not leave me 

naked and exposed 

by truth, 

but unencumbered 

and revealed. 


All 

the tattered stories 

burned away, 

and no 

scorched flesh

no smell of smoke, 

no blurred 

vision

remain. 



I am clothed 

in light,

embodied song, 

the form of 

the forth. 

my footsteps 

free 

of self 

stories. 


Not to walk

or wander in personal 

circles, or historic cycles. 

But to dance

with innocent, 

childlike

 joy.  



No comments:

Post a Comment