Thursday, April 7, 2011

"the purity imperative..."

"though your sins
be as scarlet,
they
shall be as white
as snow..."
- Habakkuk

purity is not a taunting or
a
wish,
a once-before,
but
never-again...

it is a divine imperative...

you
shall,
I promise...

you
shall be pure,
innocent,
free from stain...

I promise.

You
shall love Me,
the Lord
thy God...
I promise.

You
shall not steal,
lie,
kill,
covet,
commit adultery,
I promise.

And I am the one with
the power here.

I rule...

you don't have a will
of your own...

at least not one that I gave you,
one that is more
powerful than
My heavenly hand,
My spiritual sovereignty
within you...

"there is none that can deliver you
out of My hand...
sin shall not have dominion
over you...."

I promise. 

and I am the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and
earth...and you...
yes, you...
I made you...

I keep my promises.

yes,
go ahead and
learn from your experiences....
learn something about
humility,
grace,
surrender...
learn from
what you
believe
are
your
decisions,
choices,
mistakes....

that is what they are there
for...

but be not dismayed,
don't be deceived,
forget not,

I am the Lord,
thy Redeemer...

I will save you from this
false sense of yourself
as a creator...

I did not "confer upon you the
power to sin...or
the ability to err"

I only give you the
desire to grow in grace,
to discover
to learn

white as snow

I promise...

you, white as snow...

it is an imperative,
a demand,
an irrepressible
urging,
an unslakable
thirst...

not a choice.

1 comment:

  1. thank you for this poem and for this promise from God, "I will save you from this false sense of yourself" It was perfect for me to read today. xo

    ReplyDelete