Wednesday, April 20, 2011

"on notice..."

I used to think
that loving someone
meant that you
would "suck it up"
and let them
treat you,
speak with you,
address you
anyway they chose,
and
then
take it
"with a grain of salt."

This is no longer
my
truth.

To love someone
is to defend
their
innocence and
dignity...

It is to say "no" to anything that
undermines their
sweetness
and
grace...

I am putting
criticism,
sarcasm,
mockery,
scoffing,
sneering,
cynicism,
and ridicule
on notice....

I will no longer allow
you to
poison the
purity of my relationships

I will no longer permit
you to enter the
environment of my
life,
my day-to-day,
my conversations,
my home.

You will not be given
any air time --
on phone calls,
in meetings,
over dinner,
during films,
or through music.

You will not be "taken" with
a grain of salt,
or offered "the other cheek."

You,
are not someone.

you are not
her
his,
our,
their
"sense of humor"

you are no one's

you have no entity,
no man of
liege,
you have no
homeland,
you have no
tribe, citizenry,
neighborhood,
or
host.

You will not come
sneaking in the
back door of my life parading
yourself as
funny
or smart...

you are neither.

i will not laugh as you bask in
the laughter of another's
misfortune..

It is mean...
plain and simple...
you know it,
and I know it,
and
I am making it my
mission to
stifle your
voice,
"for lack of air"

I will face you head on
and will not back down...

you are a coward

You are not popular,
and i don't care
who...
politician,
loved one, 
celebrity,
friend,
sitcom star,
comedian,
or spokesperson
says you can use
their mouth
to promote your
cause,
I will not
listen,
read,
watch,
or tolerate...

for even one
millisecond...

your
violation of
my
joy,
her innocence,
his consciousness,
our neighborhood...

His home. 

you have been
served....

you are on
notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment