Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Who would I be..."

...and where
would I be
if not
here with You...

how would  I
know to
plant one
foot
in front
of me,
before
laying down the next step...

like cobbled pavers
along a pathway
through
English rose
gardens
near the Thames...

if You hadn't
held out
Your hands
to lead
me
in the
way...


how would I
have known
that music
was beautiful,
that the blue light of
dawn was
magical,
or that fireflies
were summer's miracle
if not for You?

when would I
have discovered
that
falling in love feels
a lot like
swallowing butterflies,
that laughter
is the best way to
break the spell
of fear,
or that sadness is
only as deep
the joy you once felt
if You hadn't
sat with me
in the dark silence,
and let
me cry.

who would I
be if
I hadn't grown
up under the shadow
of Your
wing,
in the bosom of Your
love,
between the
lines of poetry
You spoke into the
hearts...and minds...of
great thinkers.

Your hand
has
lifted me
above myself
into purer
desires...
even into
spiritual power
and
good-will
to man*.

Who
would I be?

I would be
who
I am...

I am Yours.



*from Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures by Mary Baker Eddy (page 407)

No comments:

Post a Comment