Sunday, March 13, 2011

"The sound of her voice..."

She has
a
language
but not
as I
know
words...

Her voice speaks clearly
from the
depths of her
eyes,
in the
tender prodding of her
paws,
with the cock of her
head,
the lift of her ears at
the sound of my
sighing from
the other side of
the room.

it is love
that is her
language.

it is
the
language that
speaks so
precisely,
accurately,
clearly,
and articulately...

I hear its message
in the
place
where my
heart feels most
unheard

I hear it.

I hear it when
she 
curls against
my back
or lays her
muzzle
over my neck
as I
sleep

the sound of
her voice
is
felt
in the
weight of
her
heart
against my
own...


[photo credit: Samantha Demarest King Hopple 2010]

1 comment:

  1. A beautiful tribute to your dog... I feel this way about the dogs I have/had. They do express an infinite amount of unconditional love.♥

    ReplyDelete