Friday, March 11, 2011

"a tsunami of love..."


what do I
believe is
rippling across the
pacific
floor...

what do I think
is reaching --
in waves of
unrelenting power
and might --
throughout the
pacifc rim
beyond coastal villages,
sweeping into its waiting
arms
the
children of God...

lifting them

"ayont hate's thrall"

what do I think
is echoing,
ebbing and
flowing in
endless tides of
rushing,
swirling,
"living waters"

what do I
know is pushing
its way into
homes,
hearts,
lives..

pushing,
asserting,
sweeping its way
over and over
again in
aftershocks of
persistent
grace-filled
energy...

what do I believe is
rising,
swelling,
expanding,
reaching
beyond the shores of
nationalism,
history,
geography,
or time....

it is Love

Love is
the only
power,
the only energy,
the only
"thing" that
is broadcasting,
spreading,
echoing,
surging
in currents of
humanity and love...

over the land...

currents of Love
currents of Love
currents of Love...

relentless
persistent
enduring

a tsunami
of Love....

and each of us
a single drop*


this Truth
is the ground,
the rock,
the foundation
I will stand on...
where
"winds and waves
can shock,
oh nevermore..."



Many of the phrases in this poem are from the poetic, and prose writings, of Mary Baker Eddy. The reference asterisked is shared below:



*Perchance some one of you may say, "The evidence of spiritual verity in me is so small that I am afraid. I feel so far from victory over the flesh that to reach out for a present realization of my hope savors of temerity. Because of my own unfitness for such a spiritual animus my strength is naught and my faith fails." O thou "weak and infirm of purpose." Jesus said, "Be not afraid"!

"What if the little rain should say,
'So small a drop as I
Can ne'er refresh a drooping earth,
I'll tarry in the sky.'"

Is not a man metaphysically and mathematically number one, a unit, and therefore whole number, governed and protected by his divine Principle, God? You have simply to preserve a scientific, positive sense of unity with your divine source, and daily demonstrate this. Then you will find that one is as important a factor as duodecillions in being and doing right, and thus demonstrating deific Principle. A dewdrop reflects the sun. Each of Christ's little ones reflects the infinite One, and therefore is the seer's declaration true, that "one on God's side is a majority."

A single drop of water may help to hide the stars, or crown the tree with blossoms. Who lives in good, lives also in God, — lives in all Life, through all space. His is an individual kingdom, his diadem a crown of crowns. His existence is deathless, forever unfolding its eternal Principle. Wait patiently on illimitable Love, the lord and giver of Life. Reflect this Life, and with it cometh the full power of being."

- Mary Baker Eddy
Pulpit and Press 3: 26


1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this Precious one. I really needed to read this, and it feels like it captured my prayers to a T! Love you and seeing floodtides of Love moving through me and all...

    ReplyDelete