Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"whither thou goest..."


"whither thou goest,
i will go,
thy people shall be my people,
and thy God, my God..."

 
-   Ruth

But why
would you follow me?

Why would you
willingly subject yourself to
this,
why would you
go where
you are a
sranger,
a foreigner...

I will not be able to
protect you
from the stares,
the speculation,
the "i wonder if...."
and "did you hear..." 
gossip
that
you might
feel from the moment
we
enter the
city gate....

you are not one of
them...
of us...

you are not one of the
"chosen people"

so, why...?

oh mother, but I am...chosen...

your son chose me

but more importantly,
that is not the point...

your God is a God of impartial and
universal Love...
so, how does a God whose love is
without patiality
align with
"choosing"

isn't choosing
contrary to impartiality...

nonetheless,
I am not waiting to be chosen,
i am strong
I am the one doing the choosing

and I choose your God...and you...

this is what you have
taught me...

to choose to live my life
with Him
at the center...

to choose to live after His example of loving,
of caring for all His
children...
including you...

I will never be a stranger
in His kingdom,
under His roof,
with His people....

all my brothers and sisters
all having
a common
Parent who loves us all...
impartially,
universally,
unconditionally...

Your God,
is my God...

now,
let's go home...

No comments:

Post a Comment