Saturday, August 6, 2011

"nothing can close my eyes..."


"No evidence before the
material senses can close my
eyes to the scientific proof that
God, good, is supreme."

- Mary Baker Eddy

I stand here
with
eyes wide open

scanning the
horizon
searching the sky

looking for You
everywhere...
in the blackest
clouds heavy with
drenching rains, the loudest
thunder,
right there where I might be
tempted to
turn and run, right there
in
the flash and fury of
a summer storm...I look for You.

I cannot be made to
believe that You
have
disappeared,
scattered to the four corners
of obscurity,
been chased into hiding
by the darkenss of
fear or
doubt.

You are All and
You are here
and I cannot fail to
see you
in the depths of
my own
heart...
where the desire to
know you
to find you
to praise you...
is alive with promise
on fire with a desire for
You...

I see you in the
questions I bring to your feet,
I hear you in my prayers for
relief from the noise of doubt,
I see you in my longing
for peace,
my hunger for love,
my urgent,
relentless,
persistent
desire for something
bigger than
myself
to give purpose to my life.

I hear you in the pulsing
of my heartbeat
as it waits for peace to rend the
veil of pain and
bestow the Bridegroom's kiss
upon the pale brow of
fidelity with a
benediction of bliss...

I feel you
rise in me,
unbidden, like a
tidal wave of hope,
carrying with it all the
desires You
alone have
whispered to me on the
wings of angels
as they
flutter over the
dreams of
a girl
only asking to
be
Yours...

So here I stand,
eyes wide open
searching the sky,
ears eager for the first
strains of your
song,
all my senses
alive with
anticipation of your
presence
in
everything...

only You,
always You,

in all things...

3 comments:

  1. This is so timely and needed. Thank you for your beautiful, soulful heart-sharing. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. I happened upon this poem today and found it to be so helpful. There have been A LOT of things, lately, screaming that God isn't present or that He isn't All, but it is all a lie. Your poem has helped me to see that His presence is constant and consistent no matter what the material senses are screaming. Thank you!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete