Wednesday, August 10, 2011

"where dragons do not live..."


You are
leading me quietly,
peacefully
towards a lovely
destination...

You think I am awake to
Your intent

But suddenly
I flail,
I twist in your arms
like a child
in the throes of a nightmare...
chased by demons
only she can see
arguing with dragons
long-slayed
yet in her dreams,
still spitting sparks....

Please do not drop
me
and run

Please hold me tighter
and assure me that
demons do not live here
in the kingdom
with You...

demons live in places
where You will never let me
wander
and fire-breathing dragons cannot
sear
my peace
while I am in Your arms...

Shake me gently if
you must,
rub my shoulders,
repeat Yourself as
often as You think I need to
hear Your voice...

I know it is so much to ask
since You could have just let me
weep and flail
and race from dream
demons

But You chose to
wrap me in
angel quilts
swaddled in all that
You are to
children who have forgotten
who they are
and where they live...

Hold on tight,
and when the
terrors pass
I will waken
soft and sweet
with
sleepdust in
Your
arms....


No comments:

Post a Comment