Sunday, January 8, 2012

"mined by Love..."


i was buried in the
sandstone and granite of
a layered
past

but this cup of cold water,
this river of
kindness,
a rushing, fracturing
stream of
compassion
has broken me
free

shattered the hardness,
the brittle veneer of a fragile hope,
sifted away the
silt and
sand - all that would
hold me back -
from seeing
that I am a beautiful in
His sight

and revealed me
as ever,
always
cupped gently
in His
hands

take away
what is not true,

mine
my heart,
with the precision of
a loving prospector..

unearth the purity...
the unadulterated,
the rare,
the simple goodness
found where
they thought was only
the dismissible,
disposable,
the unsalvagable

yet I have been
sifted loose from the debris
that was not me

I am now a treasure in His
hands
reclaimed for
who I am,

the purest elements
of Being..

He sees through the colorless
forgettable,
unremarkable...

and washes me free
of that self
that is not me

then,
heated in the
fire of His Love
I am softened,
clarified,
ready to be
graven with the image,
the
character,
and nature of His
name.

when
His
son
brings to
my lips
the cool water of His
overflowing
Love,
to
temper all
that he has
graven in my being,
setting
His word
solid in my heart...

his signet
on my
soul...

1 comment:

  1. This poem is wonderful and beautiful. It helped to remind of who we all are, "In His eyes." thank you ♥

    ReplyDelete