Monday, September 24, 2012

"no darkness, at all..."


"God is light, 
and in Him
is no darkness
at all..." 

  -  I John 


I think 
of a pitch black 
night 

a darkness so 
impenetrable 
that the 
I cannot see
my hand
before my face, 
no pinprick 
of starlight, 
no 
streetlamp 
to distract, 
no shadows 
to dream by... 

now, 
i try to 
think of light 
void of its absence, 
a light 
without 
the any darkness 
at all... 

and it is 
almost 
unimaginable... 

no shadows to 
give 
texture, 
establish distance, 
nearness, 
the juxtapositioning of 
hierarchy...
who's on first, 
who's on second... 

all things in the 
clear,
Light-saturated,
present-tense,
in the
all  
Beingness
of 
now...
His 
I AM

no foreground of 
importance, 
nothing falling into 
the distance...

I try to
to imagine it
but it is 
without precedence
on this 
timeline of 
past, 
present, 
future... 

this bar graph 
of good, 
better, 
best...

I can only 
know...

light without 
any 
darkness

Love without 
any 
hesitancy 

Health without 
any fear
of the unknown 

Peace without 
any 
hidden threat
of 
chaos

Trust without 
any 
lingering 
doubts 

Giving 
without 
any 
expectation of 
receiving... 

Light without 
any 
darkness

at 
all... 

"...no darkness
at all..." 


― ibid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment