Wednesday, January 18, 2012

"bent in tired labor..."


"what is it You want
from me,"
she asks from the
edge of
despair

what is it that
You
would have
me
do
from where
i kneel
in total
surrender to
this moment of
trust

I thought I had
answered
Your call,
gone where You had
sent me,
subjugated my
will to
Thine

and yet...

i am here,
not on a pinnacle of
praise,
or a platform of
achievement...

but I am here
prostrate,
on my knees,
back bent in
tired labor,
starving for Your voice,
aching for
direction...

here,
where I
wait to feel Your
hand upon my
head,
Your arms lifting me
above my
trials,
Your voice calling
me to the
warm comfort of
that place beneath the shelter
of Your
wing...

here...

could this be
the place,
the posture,
the purpose You
had in mind
all along.

To be lead,
not higher...but
lower,
deeper,
further down upon
my
knees in
humility,
surrender,
obedience,
and meekness

"Yes...

He said,

"but with a humility that
is perfumed with joy,
a sweetness of surrender,
childlike obedience,
not just service, but as a servant
with all the meekness of your Master...
My son.

you can do this
I have made you for this
purpose

I know, I know...
it is not
what you expected...

but trust Me...

I promise.

I love you,

I am
your Father...

just as
I was
his."


2 comments:

  1. I have been feeling rather hopeless and sad the past few days. Your poem is like a light in the darkness. The words of encouragement from "God" mean so much to me. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Kate. You have no idea what this means to me. Thank you for listening to your (our) Father and writing it for all. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete