Thursday, May 26, 2011

"I am but a girl..."


"And I will set
my tabernacle among you..."

Oh please,
not me...

I am but a girl
a simple temple maid.

I am not ready
for a temple to be set
within me...

I am not ready for a
temple,
a tabernacle,
to be built
among the folds of my day,
my womb, my life,
the ebbing and flowing of my
family,
my community...

I am still only engaged...
please could You wait...
just wait a little while
for me to be married

let my life be better prepared,
more perfectly settled,
a life of honor...of dignity...

and when my life is ready
I will be happy to have
your tabernacle,
set...within me...

But for now...please, just let me
simply serve
in your temple...

It will be
holier,
less shocking,
more acceptable,
easier
this way...

I am but a girl
not a rabbi,
or a prophet,
I cannot do this thing
You ask...

I am not the Rabbi's wife..

oh yes,
that's the answer...
choose her.

She would be perfect.
Her life is perfectly prepared
for a temple of this weight.

She would be honored,
thrilled to be chosen
as a vessel
to carry your Son.

me...
I am but a girl...just a girl...

But still,
that said,
I
am a temple maid,
your servant,
the handmaid of the Lord...

"be it unto me,
according to Thy Word..."

"blessed art thou...."

No comments:

Post a Comment