Thursday, May 19, 2011

"pearl of great price..."

"a pearl of great price..."


the Comforter...

but you are not
at all
comfortable...

a grain of sand,
a little yeast,
salt that stings
and keeps the wound from closing
over before it is truly
thoroughly
healed...

an
irritant,
a little
leaven,
change agent,
catalyst,
savour...

saviour

you do not leave me at
peace with my complacency,
that familiar place of
stasis...

you do not come to pour the balm
upon what feels
open, raw, tender
and sore...

but send a grain of rough
sand into my softest
most vulnerable place

urging me to
wrestle,
tumble,
roll around with it
in the darkness of a restless
night crowded with
strange angelic bedfellows...

and do they bring me a message of
comfort
in that wilderness,
that Peniel of my longing...

no, only a grain of sand
to get under my skin causing me to
overturn, and overturn until
what emerges
is something so luminous with
vision,
purity,
compassion, humility...
layer after layer of light
upon a
single grain of sand
until
all that's
left is
light...

a luminous
pearl of wisdom

the understanding that
whatever causess you to
return
over and over
again to
God for
insight and
inspiration...

is of great price...

a luminous pearl
of great
price...

No comments:

Post a Comment