Sunday, May 6, 2012

"the voicing of grace..."


"Last night as I was sleeping,
I dreamt...
that I had a beehive here inside my heart.
And the golden bees
were making white combs and sweet honey
from my old failures...."
- A. Machado

there is a constant
humming
a thrumming,
a strumming
i feel
within me

it is
Life asserting itself
reminding me
that I am never
in stasis,
never on hold,
always animated by
a divine
resonance
as true to my tuning
as the
sound of a
queen's
calling to
the body of her colony...

it is a droning
a rhythm
a collective pulsing of
purpose,
vision,
art...

the drumming
that
moves
me involuntarily
towards
the steps of
a dance,
the words of a
song,
the lines of a
poem...

the voicing of
grace...

poised
for a bee dance
within


"Last night as I slept,
I dreamt...
that it was God I had
here inside my heart..."
― A. Machado



No comments:

Post a Comment