Sunday, May 20, 2012

"seek My face continually...."


"seek My face.
continually..."
- God


but who are You?

I just need to know...

really,
who are You...
to me?

here in this
moment, where
i feel so
small and human,
so pushed around by
the ego's
taunting,

who are You?

how will I know You,
where should i find You,
what does Your face look like?

just tell me, and I will
never sleep
I will spend every moment,
of every day
seeking You,
celebrating You,
calling attention to You -
Your power,
Your beauty,
Your glory...

but where?

where are You...

my dear child:

I am first,
and foremost,
within your good heart...

the place where you
question your motives,
step right over your fears to
help a stranger,
leap at the call of Love to
chart a new course...

My face is his face, and
her face,
and the face of those you have
yet to meet...

The child who sits quietly
with one
who no longer remembers where
she lives, or what year it is...
only that she loves the sea, and
wants fresh, warm blueberries for
dinner.

My face is the face of
a father who tosses newspapers from the
window of an old station wagon
before dawn,
before going in to work at his "real job,"
so that his children
have shoes,
and his wife can
meet them
at the
door at the end of
the school day

My face is in the
face of the water,
at the edge of the Ganges River
where thousands
gather to pray,
to wash saris,
to bathe their babes amidst the
ashes of saints
and the
hopes for their
children...

My face is in the face of
the murderer,
a prostititute,
the poor and the weary,
the rich and the
disillusioned....

all those
who hope to find
in your face,
My face...

the face
of
mercy,
the face of
forgiveness...

eyes full
of compassion

the
tenderness that
comes,
of
grace...

today...

"I am,
that I am..."
― God


No comments:

Post a Comment