Monday, April 9, 2012

"loose me, and let me go..."


"loose him,
and let him go..."
- Jesus

loose me,
please...

loose me,
let me go
somewhere
you cannot re-wind
me in the graveclothes
of the past
or entomb me in the
rock-ribbed
darkness of your culture,
your creeds,

my heart is new

can't you see
that I am not
"there"

I am not in that place
where I once was,
and who
you think I still am

loose me
let me go

let me be free
of the
bindings of
opinions,
judgments,
the myopathy of what
you can't
imagine

I no longer live
within the
tattered memory of
what I have shrunken from

the shell shape
of my once-upon-a-time ego
reduced,
withered,
dissolved
within
the
shattered emptiness
of my own
undoing

no longer puffed up
with selfish pride
or sad ambition...

no longer building something
I thought would house
a legacy...

what you think you see
is just a name,
a body,
a history you believe I
live in,
your story of my life
projected on
an empty
screen

but I am not there

loose me
and let me go....

please

“What is it
that seems a stone
between us and the
resurrection morning?”
― M. B. Eddy


No comments:

Post a Comment