Saturday, April 14, 2012

"within me..."


"For me,
the sweetest contact with God has no form.
I close my eyes, look within,
and enter a deep soft silence.
The infinity of God's creation embraces me..."
- M. Jackson

cracking open
the fragile shell of
who I think
I might
be

and laying in the womb
of my own
becoming

I discover that my
journey
is just beginning...

again

another shell,
another
story...

but this one is smaller
and I am almost
eager for the
hollow sound of my
own
isolation as I
toss and turn,
and breathe and stretch within
the narrow limits
of another
womb...

I am not afraid this time

nor am I in a hurry
to hear the
first
fissure form

a countless number of
stories will
try to
keep me from
the fullness of infinity
the free air
and endless sky,
the horizonless vista of
who I am

I am
an invincible summer,
I am
wordless promise,
I am
a deep drawn
breath of dew-soaked
morning air,
the silent echo of
a house at night while
children sleep in
slender beds
beneath quilts of
butter yellow
and and
periwinkle,

I am awareness of beauty,
the awakened heart,
I am aspen leaves dancing in
september's first
hint of resurrection...

I am the
consciousness of
what lies within this shell
and yet cannot
be contained...

I am all the thoughts that
keep me company
when there is
nothing
but the blue of
dawn to
greet me as the
fissure
begins and
light
breaks through....

“In the depth of winter,
I finally learned
that within me
there lay an invincible summer..."

- A. Camus


No comments:

Post a Comment