Saturday, October 27, 2012

"The way is straight and narrow..."


"The way is
straight and narrow..."
- Mary Baker Eddy


I come to 
You
confused,
uncertain,

pleading,
begging You
trusting You
to
give
me direction,
guidance...

please
put my feet
on the clear
path and
show me
the way,
Your way...

dear Father,
You know
that
when I turn my
heart
in Your direction,
I am not
looking for a
broad path,
a meandering road
with
many options...

all I want
is for
You to help me
do what's
right,
to give me precise
directions,
to point out the
obvious
waymarks,
to carve out
a deep
swath of clarity...

a path free
from
the
wandering,
divergent,
tangential,
circuitous
route of
indecision
and choices...

I want direct,
clear,
straight,
narrow...

the path
you have promised

I trust it,
I count on it,

I lean all
my hopes,
the weight of
my desires,
into You

I am tired
of my wondering,
wandering
ways...

broad,
vague,
and indirect

give me
straight and
narrow,
so I can see
beyond myself
and
find
You...

only You,
and
Your plan
for
me...

"...I will
bring the blind
by a way that they knew not;
I will lead them in paths
that they have not known:
I will make darkness
light before them,
and crooked things straight.
These things will I do unto them,
and not forsake them..."
- Isaiah 




1 comment:

  1. This is a wonderful poem/prayer. It is what my heart yearns for, to follow God's path for me. Knowing that the way is straight and narrow is comforting to me, but it also keeps me alert to how watchful I must be to not stray from the narrow path. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete