Sunday, October 14, 2012

"My salvation draweth nigh..."


"My salvation
draweth nigh..."


 to be offered the
promise of
mercy,
forgiveness,

no condemnation...

who am I...

that my God has
made this
promise
to me?

I will tell
you who you
are in
My eyes...

you are My child,
My beloved,
My adored and
delighted in...

you are all the gifts
of life,
and joy, 

and purpose 
that
I have
washed up

onto the sea of
promise...

you are the brightness of
My rising,
the
first glimmer of pink light 

along
the eastern horizon,
the dancing spark
of wonder in
a child's eyes...

you are ten thousand
rings radiating through
an ancient sequoia
each leaf that turns towards the
sun,
roots that plumb the depths of
the earth,
the song of a
lark
who sings a song
without words
and never
stops at all...

you are the shimmer of
light on a wind-rippled pond,
the taste of strawberries in June,
the curl of chimney smoke on a crisp
November
night,
the scent of
apples,
a mother's fingers,
a child's
sigh...

you are
an awakening,
the first moment of knowing,
ripened fruit upon the
vine,
a benediction
a prayer...


"there is
therefore,
now,
no condemnation
to them..." 





No comments:

Post a Comment