Monday, February 14, 2011

"Ancient music..."

Her face
appears before me
and
a
tiny,
essential
sprocket of hope
in the
mechanism of
my heart
clicks and
shifts,
and
almost
without realizing
i'd been
holding my
breath...for
so long...
I feel
the
inner workings of
that something
most
essential,
but dormant,
begin to
turn
ever so
slightly
awakening
from its
deep
slumber of
waiting.

she is here 
and
how is it
that I didn't know
I'd been 
in
stasis
all this time...
until
those
first few
beats
of

tick
tock...

tick
tock...

the metronome of
my being
finding its
new,
but somehow
once-remembered,
rhythm
the music of my life
was tuning itself
to a truer
tone...

with her
I was a song
not just words
on scrips and
scraps of
paper
napkins and
the backs of
business cards filled with
words and
phrases that
would
someday find its
music

it all fit
so perfectly
in the beauty of
her
face,
in the silent
wonder
of her
eyes

in a heartbeat
the  song
was born
and
we
were the
chords,
melody,
descant,
harmony,
the orchestrated
rests of
ancient
music
whispered
in
silent
wonder...
mother,
daughter...
us.

No comments:

Post a Comment