Friday, February 18, 2011

"Felt ye the power of the Word..."

Pain:
you scream at me...
you rant and rave...
and at first
I think that you
are
mine
a
real something
living
within me.

But you are nothing
more than
a cunning
ventriloquist
throwing your voice
in my
direction.

You do not
live here
you do not have a
home in my
heart,
in my body,
or in
my life.

If you did,
you would be
confident
in the power of
your message...

You would not
need to
scream,
using your
out-of-control
earthquake,
wind,
and fire voices.

That is how
I know
that you are not
mine.

You are not
my pain,
my hurt,
my anguish....

You are outside of
my being.
You do not belong
here.
I refuse you entrance.

Get thee hence.  

What lives in
me is
the great
I AM,
a peaceful
Sovereign,
the power of
the Word,
the
still,
small
voice of
the divine
asserting its
holy
reign
with
unopposed,
perpetual,
constant,
peace...
and
I
can
feel
it.

No comments:

Post a Comment