Wednesday, February 9, 2011

"My mercy sets you free..."

drop it
release it
set it down and
walk away...

burn it
shred it
let it go

cast it off
shake the dust
remove the burden of your past

shuck it
loose it
brush it away
peel  back its cold hard-fingered
death grip upon your life's promise
break free from its grasp
on your pulsing
breathing
living dreams

leave it
abandon it
walk away,
retreat from its imploring,
refuse to return to
its calling,
weeping,
hauntingly familiar
cry for 
company

bring it
carry it
drop it
at My feet

and walk
away
leave it with Me

My mercy
sets
you
free

1 comment:

  1. I really loved this poem, it was such a helpful thing to read and a great complement to your blog from Tuesday. I just loved the reminder that we can let go of our past and walk away from it. That no matter how loud the ego is screaming we don't have to listen. I also loved the thought that we can lay it all at God's feet and He will set us free. Thank you very much...

    ReplyDelete