Sunday, April 10, 2011

"to live in the space of a question..."

I have questions...

lots and lots
of questions...

for example:

where does
sorrow
fit in a world
where there
is no death?

when I weep,
am I crying out
in the way
a mother cries with
joy after the moment of her child's
birth...
delighted to be present for
the launching of an entire new chapter in
his
life journey

And since Jesus knew
that life was
immortal,
why was he weeping
at Lazarus' tomb...

was it also for joy

did he know that Lazarus
was going to have one amazing day...no
matter what happened...

Is death, really
"only a horizon"
...a line beyond our reach,
that
points to the limit
of our sight,
of what we can see, as onlookers...

is death the experience of the
observer, and has nothing to
do with  
the limit
of  someone
else's life?

If I really believe...as I do...that
there is no death,
what does it
mean to say,
"till death do us part"

either there is no death,
or death is something
that can part us...

I have questions...

And my questions lead me
to a place where
I live is a state of
constant wonder....

but it also leads me to
just
sit and wonder...

I wonder what
is beyond this
horizon
and how I will know
that I am actually there,
and no
longer just
in another story segment of "here"...

Will I see a different
landscape, or suddenly be
runnning into old friends...
those
who have traveled
that path beyond the
horizon before
me?

or do I only think
you are even here
now,
because I
think you are here.

and if so,
do we ever really even share
a path, or just an inersection,

are we each
blazing a new
trail all
our own...?

Is there a
destination...
and
if not,
why are we
all racing to
get to the finish line?

If this truly is an
eternal journey,
why don't
I slow
down and
enjoy
the view,
my traveling companions,
and the
ride?

Just some questions...

and the funny thing
is...

i no longer  think I
even care
about
getting
answers....

I just like thinking
about the
questions...

and the questions
don't 
feel like they are
about life,
the feel like
Life itself...

I could stay here
all day...

with You.

No comments:

Post a Comment