Saturday, April 30, 2011

"serenity's song..."

serenity...

where does it perch,
but on the
rain-drenched
banches of teh
storm-tossed soul.

the winds wage battle
o'er darkened forest's gloom

the lightening
flashes,
ripping through the
heavy night, seeking to
slice and part the wholeness
of creation

but serenity sits
calmy
singing her hymns
of gratitude and
peace

"I will not fly,"
she sings through
the raging of
pain
and
fear,
"I will not fly until
my wings are moved, my voice
breaks forth, of His
accord, and only then will
I lift my breast to Him."

Lift, and stretch,
and catch
a thermal,
an updreaft of
spiritual purpose...
holy work

riding,
unwearied on the
breath of praise,
she paints the stormy
sky with a bow
of freedom, 
while she
sings
serenity's song....

"peace...
     peace....within"

No comments:

Post a Comment