Friday, April 8, 2011

nothing beyond...

the ancient
mariners warned,
"beyond this place,
there be dragons..."

if this is so,

then I must
love
even the dragons...

for in my heart...the place
where God,
the All-in-all, lives and
moves, and has
His being...

there is "nothing beyond
illimitable divintiy"

I cannot find the horizon of
His kingdom
the border of His nation...

there is no "over there,"
of some place where,
He does not reign in Love
forever more.

I cannot sail so far that
I will fall off the edge of His loving,
find the "thus far and no farther" of
His mercy,
discover a new world where He is
not the only king,
the only governor
of me,
and mine,
and all

we are
His beloved
children,
subjects,
handmaidens,
servants...

and
in this place

"there is nothing..."

and I mean
nothing...

"beyond
illimitable
divinity....

in which, and
of which
God is
the sole, 
Creator. "

so if there be dragons....
i will
love them...

No comments:

Post a Comment