Saturday, February 26, 2011

"Just a little bit awkward..."


"We have to dare
to be ourselves,
however frightening
or strange
that self
may prove to be.”

- m. sarton


I used to want
you to know
the me
I wanted
to be for you...
but
wasn't.

I lived to
be loved
for
something I
had never been,
and might never,
ever
be
no matter how hard
I tried...

All the while,
I was
judging and
rejecting the
me I was:

fallible,

uncertain,

goofy,

bookish,

simple,

shy,

sometimes,
somewhat
confused,

and always
just a
little bit
awkward...

But
I
really
kind of
like her

I just never thought
you would.

She has a charm
that I deprived
you of
knowing,
by always
wanting her to
be so much
more...

I am sorry
for
both of
us.

I will bring
her
with me
next time...

I
promise

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, Kate! It's so wonderful that you ca express yourself so naturally...
    Elena Shideler

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like "her" too. I really do like YOU. Beautiful poem. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. trina moonflower kingDecember 30, 2011 at 2:07 PM

    this gave me so much to think about Kate. you are such an inspiration to me! xo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So so much to ponder here...and much that I have been pondering. Who would I be without the thought that I needed to show up more or better than I really am. Isn't that me enough? I honestly never thought so (or alternatively thought I might be too much better! Same judgment...same coin...) So grateful you posted this today. And I LOVE the photos you are posting lately. And I LOVE you, my sister on this journey.

    ReplyDelete