Monday, February 21, 2011

His sterling plan...

I sometime think
the path is
to the left,
or the right,
and
then
it turns upon
itself
and veers
within.

Caught up in
the labyrinth
of decisions,
choices,
what nexts,
and where
thens...

I become a
mental contortionist...
twisted into
knots of
exasperated
confusion.

But...
she* reminds
me...

You know what
to use
to disentangle
the
interlaced ambiguities
of being*,
the
knots of
self-determinism and
a false
sense of one's own
power to
make
things
happen...

Oil*.

Yes, that's it...

Oil.

applied
drop-by-drop
upon the knotted
chain...

each twisted link a
self-forged prison of
"it is mine to decide,
choose,
make the wrong choice, and
fail..."
falls into place
when Love
flows
through
the tightly
coiled
snake of
me,
my,
mine...

the grateful
drops of fragrant
Oil:
consecration,
charity
gentleness,
prayer,
heavenly inspiration

tenderly massaged into the
tangled mass of
thoughts,
loosens its grip,
and
frees me from
myself

then,
stepping back
from
what only
moments before
felt like
shackles,

I can
see
His
hand in my
life,
His
plan for
my family,
His
divine design...

a beautiful
chain of
thoughts,
and experiences,
I mistakenly
thought I
was in
charge of --
and responsible for
choosing...

The spiritual
Silversmith
had chosen,
heated,
stretched, and
hammered...
crafted
and
welded
each
link of
inner beauty..

His design
for blessed living
was
always there,
always God-forged,
always prepared
for each new
link
of Love's
attaching...
like
footsteps
in the
sand.

His sterling
plan
for me,
and mine,
and all.



* from the writings of Mary Baker Eddy:

1. "It shows the scientific relation of man to God, disentangles the interlaced ambiguities of being, and sets free the imprisoned thought." (S&H 114)

2. definition of Oil. (S&H 592)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment