Wednesday, December 5, 2012

"by a way that they knew not..."


"I will 
bring them
by a way
that they
knew not..."


Father
this sea
is
vast
and
the
dust is rising
from the
pounding of their
hooves and the
rattling wheels
of golden
chariots

we are
here
because we trusted
Your name

we are sure that
You alone
were the
I AM
he told us
would
deliver
us
from
the
taskmaster's
whip and
the
heavy
chains of
what
enslaves
our
dreams


only You
could
be the fire
impelling
us forward
away from
what is sure,
for
the promise of
freedom in
this company
of strange hopes
where nothing is certain
and we cannot find water to drink

yet here we stand
before a sea
holding us captive

show us the way...
Your way

couldn't
You
please
just
give us
an outline
of what
You have in Mind

oh,
My dear
children,
i have you in Mind
i have your
hand in mine

your heart is the province
of
My living


and it is
here
that I reign
with
absolute
sovereignty

you have never
considered an opinion,
made a decision,
weighed an option --
without me

ask yourselves

why did we
come
this far?

what hunger has
leapt
like
fire
within us?

what 

desire
has
burned like
a torch

before us?

what
ember has 
smoldered
and 
cannot be 
extinquished by
doubt or 
will? 

what has
moved you to
this
barren land,
beyond the walls of reason,
beyond the
shores of security?

it has not been
easy
and yet you are here

why did you
go the ends of the earth


if staying
in an old
space was safer
and promised fleshpots
-- a job,
a meal --
however
flavorless and
unsatisfying

what impelled you
to take the
fist step


beyond the 
streets of plenty,

can you feel
that fire

flickering 
within?

yes...


I am still here
calling you toward Me
urging you
to
step
forward
into
the promise
of
manna,
water,

the wilderness, 
milk, 
honey

i am there,
I AM
there.


I am the I AM 

and
I AM 
 the promised 
land

I will
not leave
you
I will
fulfill my
plan

and
it
is
My plan
not
yours

follow
your heart


-- My kingdom 
within you --
 

and
you will
find Me
this
is
where I
dwell

this is
what you have
been

searching for

this is 
the 
promise
land 


I AM


No comments:

Post a Comment