Thursday, August 9, 2012

"what you have done for my soul...."

"Come and hear,
all you who fear God,
and I will declare
what He as done
for my soul...."
- David

oh, nathan...

I never thought...

I never imagined
that I
would be
"that man..."

what
have I done?

She was his wife,

and I,
a King who
already had
six wives

and one
my
beloved,
my Michal,
Saul's gift...

did You forsake me?

did You leave me to my
own devices?

me,
the chosen
son,
the youngest,
the humble shepherd,
the ruddy boy
of a beautiful countenance
and goodly to look at...

why did you leave
me alone on the roof
that night

why did you
not send her in before
I saw her
bathing...

why...

It says You
"looketh on the heart"
and not on
the outward appearances,

but what of my heart...

did You not see
that I was weak
before you made me King...

dear son

and yes,
you are My son...

I want you to know
what Love
is

the breadth of it
the height of it
the might and majesty of
its power to
heal
and redeem
and show mercy...

how will you know
what profound kindness
it will take to be a great man,
if you have not
felt the power of
forgiveness,
the depth of
compassion,
the majesty of a humble heart
from within
your own soul

Uriah is
my son...

he is still my son

I am holding him
tenderly,
my Life is
his life...

let yourself be
strengthened by the
power of
grace....

where loss is
gain...

and mercy is more
rare than
fine gold,

forgiveness more vital
than a man's
breath

and compassion
sings a psalm of hope
to waiting
generations

of
those aching with
regret,
pierced with
guilt,
shattered by sorrow,
and stooped in
sorrow for all they have
selfishly wasted...

write your song
oh King...

sing
a new song...

one that refreshes
hope,
restores innocence,
and resurrects all that
was entombed by
regret...

sing a new song
for the new man
the ancient child
the sweet breath of
something
that
bears the
kiss of
angels

the song of
salvation,
redemption
hope...

ransomed,
healed, restored....

and
forgiven

the song of David...



"Blessed be God,
Who has not turned away my prayer,
nor His mercy from me..."
― David

No comments:

Post a Comment