Thursday, August 23, 2012

"the thoughts of His heart..."

"The counsel of the Lord
standeth for ever,
the thoughts of his heart
to all generations....."
- Psalms

when I think
like Him...

when I think
like Love...

when I think with
my heart...

I have noticed
that I
am actually
feeling
the thoughts
and ideas...

there is
a visceral
immanence to
what I know...

sometimes
it is like
a rock lying
on my heart
and I feel the weight of
a thousand
holy
moments of
repentance

and other times
it feels like the fluttering
wings of
a hundred million
butterflies
taking flight
under my breastbone...
and I know
without
a
doubt
that

this
is "of the heart"

and the words that come
are not my own...

I am as surprised by their
color
form
shape
sound
texture...

as I was that
first time
I felt the
shudder of
wonder
as
her infant
fist
moved beneath
my ribs,
and tasted
the savory
wine
of an unbidden
tear
along my
lips

True thoughts
are not "of the head"
but
of the heart
the sanctuary of
Soul
where feelings
take flight
and
become
actions...

oh dear Father
reach deeply into
that space
and
awaken
the
winged
creature
of
Love

that she may flutter
against
my
hope-strings
and
play a
song
You

"God is Mind
and holy thought is sending;
Man, His image, hears His voice.
Every heart may understand His message,
In His kindness may rejoice....."
― A. Rutgers

No comments:

Post a Comment