Wednesday, March 28, 2012

"for fear of being thought ridiculous..."


"at present,
mortals progress slowly
for fear of being thought ridiculous..."
- M. B. Eddy

ridculous
I can handle...

I like ridiculous...
silly,
fun,
a bit quirky,

but what about
just
plain
wrong...

immoral,
arrogant,
the son of Beelzebub,
a cultural outlaw,

this I do not
think that
I can do
dear Father...

why would
You ask me
to

heal the sick
on the Sabbath day,

preach Your message
of hope and
salvation to Samaritans and
strangers...

eat with sinners,

let a women "with an
issue of blood" touch me
in a crowd...

raise the dead

celebrate the tears of a
harlot,

turn aside from
raising the Pharisee's daughter to
help a Centurion's servant

feed five thousand men,
as well as the
women and children
beside them

save the adulteress
from being stoned

step onto the sea,
rebuke church leaders...

welcome Greeks and Romans
to the passover feast...

flip tables in the temple
and disobey my
parents,
deny my mother,
wash the feet of my followers,
kiss my betrayer,
forgive...

“...be it unto me
according to Thy will...”
― Luke


No comments:

Post a Comment