Friday, June 3, 2011

"a season of eternities..."

there must be
a season when
remembering, and feeling,
and hoping dissolve
into one path...


a season without
then, and now
and someday when

a season when the
veil is rent,
and we
sit in wonder,
rest in now...

whether it seems to come in
cycles of
moments,
days,
months,
years,
decades...doesn't
matter...
it comes...it always comes

a season when every molecule
of our being
moves...like winter
into spring... towards an inner
sanctuary,
a space where
past, present
and future
coalesce
into a classroom
of ordered
unfolding

a moment,
when what I'd always hoped
for,
becomes what
I've known

and all the
good I've ever known,
sits softly
on my shoulder cooing
"here I am..
here I am...
here I am...
I've never left you
as much as you
thought
you could lose me
in forgetting..."

a time of day,
a week, a lifetime,
when
dark regret is washed
away, as all you've learned
comes more clearly
into view, and
your
focal distance
is foreshortened
by a deepening
compassion,
mercy,
forgivenenss...understanding

judgment falls into
the periphery,
when the tears of what we've done,
becomes the
holy water for growing
a once small
heart,
into something
sweeter,
kinder,
gentler,
more "like Him"

there must be a season
so
void of time,
of measurements,
and milestones...a season
where
the only outcome that
matters is a heightened 
awareness of
a grander order,
a larger plan,
a greater life of Love as
love...

and into this season of
remembering,
the blossom precedes the bud
and corn spring
ripe and yellow in a day,
the Master serves,
and the parent
sits at the feet of her
child
listening for
tomorrow
and
witnessing
eternity...

No comments:

Post a Comment