Friday, May 4, 2012

"In the beginning, God..."


“In the beginning, God..."
― Genesis

how many times
do I
need to begin...

once a lifetime?

once a day?

once every morning?

or
do I need to
begin
again,
and again,
each time
the mist of self rises
from
the dust another
story
and
I am confused about
what role to play,
who to be,
whom to trust,
and
why...

why my Father,
who
I know
loves me,
and has all the power
in the universe....

would ever
create good and evil

and then
leave me to my
own
devices...

it doesn't make
sense

i know...

I have children
and I love them,
and
I would never put good and evil
in front of them
and then turn my back and
leave them to decide...

and neither does He...

it is a lie

and
it isn't a lie about a truth,
or a truth about a lie

it is just a lie...

period.

so,

I start
again,
at the beginning...

over,
and over
and over
again...

I start
where
there is only God...


and
at the end of
each activity,
at the close of each
thought,
at the summation of
each argument,
at the conclusion
of each
story....

there is
nothing else

only
God...

and
every thing in
the middle

is a story

where,
if do it right
and
start correctly,
I will
end correctly

in his story...
He's always,
the
main
character,
the
protagonist,
the
Hero...

shattering the
darkness,
like dawn breaking through
the mist...

a story
that starts
and
ends
and always
starts again,
with Him

in this story there is
no other might...

possibility
or power

there is nothing else
that might
happen

only Him
always Him...

"The starting point
of divine Science is
that God, Spirit,
is All-in-all,
and there is no other
might, nor Mind..."
― Mary Baker Eddy



No comments:

Post a Comment