Monday, May 7, 2012

"My heart is capable of every form..."


"My heart is capable of every form:
a pasture for gazelles,
a monastery for monks,
an abode for idols,
and a holy shrine for pilgrims.
In my heart,
both the tablets of the Torah,
and the Holy Qur'an are to be found.
My faith and religion is Love...
wherever it beckons me,
I follow."
- ibn al-'Arabi

i bow myself to
the ground where

his
dust-caked feet,
walked
between villages

his tender fingers,
wrote a blessing

his
hot tears,
fell in
"silent benediction"


i lift my hands
to the heavens where

clouds dance and
shift
along a soft
horizon,

rain peppers a blue canvas
with the translucent
tears of
angels

and
the air sounds like
a sacred sigh
exhaled in
child pose...

I stretch my arm
and bend my heart,

twist myself
into an underlying,
overlying,
and encompassing
spiral of
surrender...

and still I long to
know
my shape,
find my purpose,
reach my potential,
discover my voice...

when all along
I am a
pasture for
gazelle
and a temple
for the
holy
ghost...

"There are
hundreds of ways
to kneel,
and kiss the ground..."
― Rumi



No comments:

Post a Comment