Monday, June 13, 2011

"there is a question..."


there is a question
hanging in the air...just
over there
can you see it?

it lies beyond the answers
i have been
setting my compass by
for oh, so long...

it is where my heart is
leaning
it is the place i
dream of when the
house is
quiet and the floorboards
breathe beneath
my feet...

i have walked beyond the
answers i have
held so dear...the ones i'd set
my sights on
and used
to pull me towards
a destination i thought would
be my resting place

but as i passed the
rise in the meadow where
all my certainties
stood waiting for
me to
unpack and snuggle in...

just when i
reached the softly
curving lane that led to
their front door...framed in
roses and tucked up with
lilacs and pickets in the perfect
shade of
butter yellow...

i heard the call of the
question...

and the question...
His question...

pulled me further, deeper,
nearer Home,
than
all the answers i'd long cherished
in my heart,
could ever,
even
begin to imagine
or give a
name to...

and so,
i am still walking
i am still listening
as the
call,
low, sad, and sweet...
draws me
towards a place
i know i
will never reach....

a destination that
is not
an answer
i will find...out there...
but,

a Home
within...


No comments:

Post a Comment