Wednesday, June 8, 2011

"It shatters you..."


"Life does not accommodate you, it shatters you.
It is meant to, and it couldn't do it better.
Every seed destroys its container
or else there would be no fruition. "

—Florida Scott-Maxwell 

so shatter me,
but do it while the tears
of surrender still
rain gently down upon the
landscape of my heart

do not waste them

they are 
for the watering,
the awakening,
of what has been lying
dormant beneath the
hardness of "I must," but can
now break free from,
in the soft tear-stirred
soil of "Thy will be done..."

I have been overturned,
overturned,
overturned...and it is God
whose right it is to
call me
to His purpose...
to send me
according to plan.

so shatter the container,
dissolve the shell,
scatter the ashes,
melt the mist,
disperse the chaff,
dissemble the past,
revoke those
stories that held me captive in
the self-forged prison of who I've
never really
been....

and  release me to
the call of  I AM...
the call to be...
just be..

set me free
to blossom, and
grow, and  hunger, and
thirst...to
reach for the sunshine of Your
face, the warmth of Your
Love,
the irresistible drawing of my heart towards
your Light...

I am turning,
turning,
turning,
till all I see
is You...

in everything...

1 comment:

  1. This is very helpful at the moment. what great reminders, spoken with such energy.

    ReplyDelete