Sunday, January 20, 2013

"with a perfect heart..."


"I will walk
within my house
with a
perfect
heart."

- Psalms


I cannot
promise
that I will never
make
mistakes or
fumble when I am
afraid,

but this I
vow

I will make my
heart a temple,
a manger,
a simple cabin in
the woods,
a grand palace,
a novitiates
cell
for You

here is where I will
worship
and serve

this is the sanctuary
where all my
devotion lies
waiting for Your calling,
eager to be sent,
whispering,
"here am I,
send me..."
into the deep
silence of
a wordless prayer

I will no longer
pace the rooftop
or march with armies,
stalk an
enemy
or meander with
friends

I will not run
from
Your voice,
or skulk
in despair


my heart is
Your kingdom
my heart is
Your palace,
Your banquet room,
Your council chamber,
Your throne

here You
alone
are
Sovereign
and I...

I am
Your liege,
Your handmaiden,
Your servant
and squire

I will walk within
my house,
my consciousness of
Your Love...

with a perfect heart --

a heart made
perfect
by
You


"...and I will
dwell in the house,
the consciousness of Love,
forever."

~ Mary Baker Eddy



No comments:

Post a Comment