Thursday, March 15, 2012

"good, just good...."


“...but only great,
as I am good..."
― Shakespeare


great...

there was a time
when "great" was the goal...

good wasn't enough

a day,
a poem,
a me....

was only as
good,
as it was
great....

"have a great day"

"that was a great meal"

"you're a great...."

but I wasn't

i wasn't great,
no matter how hard
i tried

and then I stopped
trying to be
great

I discovered the
joy of being
me,
and me
was
"just good"

right away,
my days were
filled with
peace

I was filled with
peace

"today was good."

it was enough

"you are a good mom..."

I am enough

something shifted and
the hours were
sweeter
somehow

every day
good,
not great,

just good...

it doesn't get
any better
than
good,

just good...

“And God
saw everything that He had made,
and behold,
it was very good.”
― Genesis


No comments:

Post a Comment