Sunday, February 26, 2012

"I give up..."


“I must be willing
to give up what I am
in order to become
what I will be.”

― Albert Einstein

really?

I thought this was a process

I thought I was building
towards
something...

line
upon
line

precept
upon
precept

success
upon
success

demonstration
upon
demonstration


was I so wrong?

really,
give it all up...

for what?

for Me.

give up all you have done,
accomplished,
demonstrated,
achieved,
become,
gotten,
accumulated...

for the vastness of my
Love,

for the breadth of my Spirit carrying you
beyond the boundaries of
what you can imagine,
lifting you above the glass ceiling,
"ayont hate's thrall,"
over the rubble of a shattered past,
a broken heart
and

into a place
where
there is no
process,
only
revelation,
radiance,
My Love at the
center and circumference,
the core and
carriage,
the concept and form
of My
purpose for
you...

right now.

The gentle night...
a deep, sweet silence to wrap the
beauty of a well-loved day
in the star-strewn velvet
darkness of a midnight
hour...
does not resist the dawning of
a day...
does not
need to drag
the day before into
a new
morning and
its
promise...

So,
open your hand
let it go,
loose it from
the
death grip of
"mine"
and
be ready to receive
all...

and I mean all...

that is
Mine.

then
who will you
be?

you will be
Mine.

And that is
enough of a career,
an identity,
a name...

for You...

my perfect,
glorious,
lovely,
wonderful,
extraordinary,
simple,
joyous,
profoudly
amazing

child...

"Who are you?"
they ask.


"I am His,
only His."
you answer.

It is enough.


"Knock, and He'll open the door.
Vanish, and He'll make you shine like the sun.
Fall, and He'll raise you to the heavens.
Become nothing,
and He'll turn you into everything.”
― Rumi

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to know the definition of "give up," so I Googled it and--perfectly--discovered this post, Kate! Here's the definition of "give up: Stop maintaining or insisting on; of ideas or claims." And here's why I was looking it up: "[As mortals give up the delusion that there is more than one Mind, more than one God, man in God's likeness will appear, and this eternal man will include in that likeness
    no material element.As a material, theoretical life-basis is found to be a
    misapprehension of existence, the spiritual and divine Principle of man dawns upon human thought,and leads it to "where the young child was,"-even to the birth of a new-old idea, to the spiritual
    sense of being and of what Life includes.
    Thus the whole earth will be transformed by Truth on its pinions of light, chasing away the darkness of error." (S&H p. 191) WOW, so happy I came across your post this morning. PERFECT and lovely!

    ReplyDelete