Wednesday, July 27, 2011

"She comes..."


"Thy kingdom come..."

She comes bringing
all that She
is
and all that Her kingdom
contains...

She comes
to establish Her reign
within us...

She comes on the wing of
a prayer....

She comes in the darkness of
weeping

she comes when the
demons dance heavily on your
heart
and taunt you with
remorse
and regret...

she come in the
hour just before the
blue light of dawn
brings promise
of
the day

she comes...

she comes to the child
huddled beneath
a thin blanket
on the
edge of a barrio
in Rio

She comes to the
social worker
who
thinks she cannot see
one more
atrocity and
still
have hope

She comes to the
athlete
just before a race,
game,
chucka,
match...

She comes to
the sweetheart waiting
for a letter from
Iraq,
Afghanistan,
Pearl Harbor on just another
day in December, 1944.

She comes to her
parents, waiting for
the results of
a test that
will
change their lives
forever...

She comes to me in the
hunger of
my morning prayers
my longing for
Her gentle hand at the
small of my back,
Her softly whispered,
"I am here..."
in my hour of need,
Her message of
enduring mercy and
infinite,
endless,
immutable,
ceaseless,
immanent
grace...

She
comes and
carves a
home
within my heart...

She comes

Her kingdom
always
comes...

No comments:

Post a Comment