Tuesday, August 28, 2012

"Nearer to Thee..."

"Nearer,
my God, to Thee,
nearer to Thee.
E'en though it be a cross
that raises me..."
- Sarah Adams

I draw
deeper within
the
silence
to
find your voice

a perfect
stillness
that echoes
peace
more
present
than
breath or
beat

and
in this
fathomless
immanence
I am held so closely to
Your heart...

that
I hear the
roaring chorus of a
thousand
angels
whispering
"all is well"

I feel the arms of
a Father under
whose
wings I have come
to
trust...

Entwined
in this
womb of
promise
I can rest
all my hopes
upon
You

Closer,
and closer yet
I wriggle
and burrow
myself
along the length of
your mercy,
I inch myself
into the
niche that
is mine alone

where Father and
perfect
child share a
blessed unity...

the world is
spinning,
leaders run aimlessly
looking for answers
they
hope will feed the
waiting,
the hopeful...

words fly from
the mouths of men...

but beyond their words,
above their
promises,
deeper than their
opinions and
predictions,
there
lies a Truth
so simple,
a
Love so invariable,
a Principle so
changeless...

The kingdom of
heaven
is within...

within...
each of us...

so infinitely
near

so immanently
dear

so profoundly
still,
and
true...

the unsearchable
You

piercing the
lie of
distance

transcending
the illusion of
separation

so that
we
find
we are One...

and

within,
us
all...

impartially
universally

is the
All-in-allness
of
an
infinite
You

so tender,
so strong,
so deeply
near
to Thee

""The immanent sense of Mind-power
enhances the glory of Mind.
Nearness,
not distance,
lends enchantment to this view."
― M. B. Eddy

No comments:

Post a Comment