Friday, October 12, 2012

"Love never loses sight of loveliness..."


"Love, 
never loses 
sight of
loveliness..." 
- Mary Baker Eddy 

he reminds me

from 
his place
above my head 
and 
behind me 
at the mirror 

really? 
never?

no, never

he 
says with 
conviction...

but, 
I wonder
aloud

not even when 
my smile 
fades...

and
the 
softness of my 
words 
have
become sharp 
with
anxious 
fear...


no, 
he says... 

not even then. 

but,
what about 
when I 
forget to remember 
that we 
were once young, and 
in love

won't
the dog days of 
too many bills, and 
too little 
patience,
have 
dimmed 
the brightness of 
my place in 
your heart's 
constellation... 

no, 
not 
even 
then, 

he says.

but,
I will grow 
crinkled with 
time and 
my softer places may 
grow softer still, 
things could droop 
or spot 
or fade to 
a colorless shade of 
something 
not 
like the me 
you 
fell in love with... 

so...

and i wait 

so what, 
he says

and then 
 I 
know

I really know
he means it
the way 
his 
Father
means it
everytime I 
go to Him 
in prayer...

I know 
that the 
love I feel

is already 
mine... 

this love
I learned to 
trust
as real, 
the first time
I looked into 
each of my daughters'
faces... 

was 
mine too

 a gift 
of grace...

unearned, 
unsought,
unbidden 

it comes without 
pursuit, 

it springs from 
places 
silent and 
sure...

"really..."
I ask, 

really 
he says

and I believe 
him

but to feel it 

to really feel it,

shining on the
shadow spattered
landscape of 
my human-ness, 

to feel it 
radiating, 
reaching,
penetrating the 
dim primeval
places 
of 
doubt 
and uncertainty...

lighting 
my life
with loveliness 

well, 
it
surprised 
me, 
and, 
still
takes my 
breath 
away....

I feel 
like 
an angel

something 
holy and 
sacred 
in his 
sight...


"...its
 halo rests
upon its
object..." 
- ibid. 


No comments:

Post a Comment